Thursday, September 24, 2015

Change it up Blog Hop




Bsue Boutiques decided to have a change it up blog hop. Participants picked a piece from her site and changed it up in their own way. This is the stamping I am using for the change it up blog hop. It was raw brass when I started and I spray painted it an off white and then added  perfect medium and perfect pearls.

My metal scissors worked great for cutting the stamping into 3 pieces. I also used a small hand file for smoothing the cut edges. I also distressed the pieces with an emery board.

All of the materials for this hop came from http://www.bsueboutiques.com. I used pearl bead and link chain and the metal leafy stamping. The pearl bead and link chain is a great bargain at $1.00 a foot.  Bsueboutiques  has a lovely finish called satin matte gold. The ear wires and jump rings are of that finish.

I usually do larger pieces but decided to do a more dainty and feminine piece for this hop. Ladies are also going for longer chain lengths right now so I did make the chain longer on this set. 

This is my finished set and I hope you like it.


Thanks for looking and please visit everyone else who did this hop.

List for Blog Hop September 25, 2015
Brenda Sue Lansdowne
Mary Deis
The Rose Sword
Jann Tague
Clever Designs
Lori Beekman
B.Accessorized
Renee Hong
Fine and Dandy Jewelry
Cynthia Wainscott
Exotic Peru Jewelry
Dana Hickey
Magpie Approved
Mary Beth Quigley-Spiker
Q Settings
Karen Eaton
KJewelry Creations
Shari Gardner
SLG Jewelry Designs
Alison Huie
Ally's Baubles
Pamela Anger
Novegatti Designs
Carole Carlson
Beadsophisticate
Cindy Peterson
Howling Dog Jewelry
Marcia Tuzzolino
Aurora Designs
Charlotte Smothers
Sea Horse Ranch Life
Catherine Shattuck
Victorian Rose Boutique
Clare Wells Nemeth
Papercrafting Magic
Erin Whitacre
Shattered Time
Lynda O'Mara
Lomara Creative
Ginger Hammond
Lynn Leigh Designs
Ingrid Anderson
Lilis Gems Artisan Jewelry
Deb Beechy
Beetique
Harry Wood
Oscar Crow
Delyssa Maxwell
Past Time Fancies
Paula Gaskill
Lovely Layla Bugs
Irene Hoffman
Heart's Dezire by Irene
Alexandra Sefton
Imaginary Jewelry and Altered Art
Leslie Carver
Adorn Divine Designs

45 comments:

  1. Beautiful color!! And love the pearl dangles that tie in with the pearl chain! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color, and great way to change the stamping into a stunning jewelry set. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! The color is subtle, the design, lovely…what an elegant use of materials and color. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the colors my friend, the soft green and the pearls "Gorgeous"!!!! We did the same to the stamping we are in tune ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely color! Nice use of pearls and of course love how you cut the focal into three pieces ( great minds! ha!). Very elegant. Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, love the soft colors and pearl drops. HOW PRETTY! You did a wonderful job indeed. Thank you so much for accepting the challenge and joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I finished it for the hop and thank you!

      Delete
  7. Deb this is such a pretty set and so feminine. Love it. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Deb. I have not used this particular piece, even though I have 2 in my stash, I couldn't decide what to do with it. But, with your and a few others that used this piece for this challenge, I now have some ideas forin the future. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I know you will create something special. I haven't used these stampings before either and am going to use another one of these pieces for the monthly challenge.

      Delete
  9. Charming! Love the colors you chose.......simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors are so soft and romantic and I absolutely love them with the pearls! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You achieved such a lovely shade of green. Your pieces look elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The soft green color with the pearls is a lovely combination. Your set is very feminine and romantic! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie this has such a soft delicate look. I love it! Great change up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, when I saw that first photo, I just went "ooooooooo". This is so very pretty, the color, and the design with the pearl, Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the "dainty, feminine" look!! And the green and cream is just too pretty with the pearls and all. Love how you cut it apart and made 3 pieces from it. Way to go!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I appreciate them all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's simply bee-utiful, Debbie! What pretty colors, love the pearls, and it's a great matching set that will go with everything. I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH Deb! Beautiful in every way! Color, Design, Versatility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Kate. I miss seeing you on Brenda's videos. You're going to have to do that again.

      Delete
  19. Exquisitely elegant. Love the soft colors with the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply lovely, Deb! The coloring is wonderful, and very cool idea to make earrings too ... great job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok Debbie your se would go well with my cuffs. We love the same colors. LOL! I love the dainty look of this set. Then you added the pearls for the finishing touch also one of my favs. It is a beautiful set and very elegant. Love ya and miss you Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. Love and miss you too. I watched a video with you and Cindy the other day. It made me happy to see you and hear your voice again.

      Delete