Before of the red hand. It was getting bare in spots so I decided to decoupage it.
This is what happened after a layer of Mod Podge. The flocking stuff started coming off and I had to paint it with mod podge and just wipe all that nasty red stuff off.
Finally got it cleaned off. You can't see from the pic but some areas were light pink stained from the red dye and if had looked all white, I probably would have left it this way.
Swellegant to the rescue!
I figured the swellegant paint would give it a better surface than decoupage. Now I have to seal it. I should have made a better background for these pictures instead of near the glass cutting board that has paint all over it.