Friday, March 22, 2013

My Epic Fail Decoupage Hand Model Project

I have been seeing these wonderful decoupage projects all over the web of people that have jewelry displays that they are redoing. I thought I would give it a try. I had bought a cheap hand model that has seen better days. I had used it so much the red was wearing off on the edges. So I thought it would be the perfect thing to try and redo. NOT!!!!! First of all I used tissue paper and was trying to wrap the fingers of the hand. The tissue paper kept coming off and tearing. Then I tried scrapbook paper and adding more Modge Podge and then the Mod Podge started getting pink???? and the flocking started coming off! Are you kidding me!!!!!


Before of the red hand. It was getting bare in spots so I decided to decoupage it.

I don't know why this stuff always happens to me. Is it because sometimes I have little patience for certain things?


This is what happened after a layer of Mod Podge. The flocking stuff started coming off and I had to paint it with mod podge and just wipe all that nasty red stuff off.


Finally got it cleaned off. You can't see from the pic but some areas were light pink stained from the red dye and if had looked all white, I probably would have left it this way.


Swellegant to the rescue!


I figured the swellegant paint would give it a better surface than decoupage. Now I have to seal it. I should have made a better background for these pictures instead of near the glass cutting board that has paint all over it.

I think it turned out good after all, thanks to Swellegant.

6 comments:

  1. Debbie, I think it looks great with the Swellegant...I did get a kick out of the "de-flocking" picture, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a fine item now...I am thinking of doing something similar to my necklace stand..the fuzz is all dirty..I was thinking of old book pages and sparay glue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! It looks like something that would happen to me! It looks awesome with the swellegant treatment. Persistence is the key, and you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the moral of the story is "never give up"! I like the way it turned out, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for an concept, you sparked at thought from a angle
    I hadn’t given thoguht to yet. Now lets
    see if I can do one thing with it.

    My web-site :: how to increase chances of getting pregnant

    ReplyDelete